PSM is pleased to announce ShootMadras 2020 Photo Contest coinciding with Madras Week celebrations during August 2020
Photographic Society of Madras (PSM), sharing 163 years of its history with the City, is holding a photography contest during the Madras Week that celebrates the 381 years of Madras during August, 2020.
Last Date of Submission - 9th August, 2020 (before 12.00 noon) (Registrations will auto-close)
1. OPEN to ALL
2. STUDENTS (college and School students of Chennai)
Clarifications/Queries regarding ShootMadras 2020, may please be directed to:
Mr. Balaji B
Joint Director, Programs
Photographic Society of Madras
Terrace / Balcony View of Madras
With the lockdown caused by COVID 19, time spent in terraces and balcony has increased manifold. Scenes which looked ordinary have turned extraordinary. Show us the extraordinary views from your terrace / balcony
Architecture of Madras
Madras Architecture is an amalgam of different styles of Architecture – Dravidian Temples, Indo Saracenic Buildings, Art Deco and latest Steel and Glass Architecture. You must be having pictures depicting the theme shot at Madras. Showcase your shots of Madras Architecture
Streets of Madras
Madras is said to be the cultural capital of India and is mostly the perfect place for Street Photography. Street Photography in Chennai depicts the vivid culture and vibrant life of a city between tradition and contemporary lifestyle. Look forward to your street photographs of Chennai reflecting the ethos of Madras
Tips for photographers
1. Avoid general photographs, and look for something unique
2. The photographs should have been shot in Chennai
Note : Considering the pandemic , the participants are requested not to venture outside for fresh shoot, risking themselves of infection. Images from their stock for theme 2 & 3 can be submitted. In the event of venturing outside for fresh photo shoot, participants may take necessary precaution as per the advisory of the Government authorities
Entries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
on or before 12.00 noon on 9th
August, 2020. RULES AND REGULATIONS Submission:
- One participant can send a maximum of three pictures per theme.
- The file name should be: ThemeNO_ImageTitle_PhotographerName.jpg
Sample file names
Entries should NOT be emailed to ANY OTHER ID. Photos on CD or as prints are NOT accepted.
- All images are to be submitted in JPEG format. (1920 x 1280 pixels ) are to be submitted. Files to be sent as attachments to an email to email@example.com.
- Any manipulation or modification to the original image is limited to minor retouching of blemishes and cropping and must not alter the content of the original scene.. Monochrome images are allowed.
- An image showing the name of the entrant or any water mark on the photo will be disqualified.
- Entry is open to all photographers (amateur and professional.)
- General category includes Members of PSM (excluding Office Bearers of PSM)and others.
- Student Category is for students of schools and Colleges of Chennai
- Copyright: The original image(s) must have been taken using a photographic process and all entrants must have the sole copyright to each image they submit. Photographic Society of Madras assumes no responsibility for misuse by anyone of the copyright of published images.
- Compliance: The organizers may reject any entry/image at their discretion. An entry may be rejected if it does not conform to published competition rules or is deemed unsuitable.
- The entries must be original work of the entrant, who owns them. The entrants may be asked to provide the original for verification. An entrant failing to provide a requested image file may, at the organizers’ discretion, be in contravention of the contest rules and will be disqualified.
- The decision of the organizers and the Judges would be final, and no complaints / correspondence would be entertained.
- All entries should have been shot in Chennai
- By submitting an entry, the entrant permits the organizers to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for PSM publicity in print or online Internet site and/or in other media.
- Winners will be selected in each group and theme.
- There will be three sets of First, Second and Third prizes, and nine Special Mentions in each Category (General and Students)
- First Prize: Cash award of Rs 1000/- + Certificate
- Second Prize: Cash award of Rs 750/- + Certificate
- Third Prize: Cash award of Rs 500/- + Certificate
- Special Mention: Certificate
- Notification of results will be sent by email to the winners and posted in the Facebook page of Photographic Society of Madras. Entrants should ensure that they provide an active email address and that spam filters are set to accept emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. Notifications will not be sent by post.